I played Blitz Breaker on my weekly indie game show Games and CHiLL. A lot of the puzzles in this are both clever and frustrating - perfect! I enjoyed the short playthrough I did and would LOVE to play more of the game!
A downloadable game for Windows
* All Itch.io purchases include Steam Key (windows only at the moment) *
* iOS version out now!! *
An accessible, fast paced platformer with one small change, your character can't run! Play as a tiny robot named Blitz, and escape the factory where it seems everything is trying to break you.
The gameplay is as simple as it is satisfying. Blitz can only jump, and perform an air dash in one of 4 directions. Upon colliding with an object that doesn't break you, you are free to dash again. Use this to navigate the challenges ahead and reach the portal at the end of the stage.
Please send all comments/inquires/bugs to email@example.com
Follow @blekdar (main developer)
Features in the final version:
- Simple, accessible PC controls. Both keyboard and gamepad are supported, and the entire game can be played one handed.
- Simple touch controls. Tap and swipe gestures are all you need to play on mobile.
- 101 levels with tough, but fair difficulty.
- Over 20 heads to collect, some with more interesting changes than others.
- Secret warp zones to find and conquer.
- A wicked chiptune soundtrack by Fat Bard
- Feel free to create, post, and monetize videos of Blitz Breaker. Please just include a link to this page or http://bonchogames.com/blitzbreaker
- Want to request some steam keys for your channel/website? Just fill out the request here:
Reece Kelly - @blekdar - http://bonchogames.com
- Game Design, art, play tester
Fatbard - @fat_bard - http://www.fatbardmusic.com/
- Sound design, music design, play tester
Luciana Nascimento - @viiolaceus - http://luciananascimento.com/
- Box art
Dyre - @OIDyre - http://coffeedaydreams.tumblr.com/
- Cabinet art
Jeremy Hobbs - @just_awful - http://www.ribbonblack.com/
- Cabinet art
Play the current build of the demo:
- On Newgrounds: Click here
|Published||1 year ago|
|Tags||8-bit, chiptune, Controller, Cute, Difficult, Fast-Paced, gameboy, gamepad, Pixel Art, Side Scroller|
|Average duration||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
Also available on
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
"All Itch.io purchases include Steam Key (windows only at the moment)"
Figured out how to get the steam key. You need to make a valid purchase of blitz breaker. The minimum allowed amount is 50 cents.
Any chance you will ever bring this to Consoles or will it remain a steam game only?
Currently working on the mobile ports (iOS is out pretty quick actually)
XBox One is in the works, I have a dev kit and have started tinkering with it, so it's a definite possibility.
Like me on facebook page - i shared your game facebook.com/freeindiereviews :D